[amayausers] Re: Training

  • From: gzenowich@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:16:57 -0500

Hi, All,
I'm in Chicago for the initial training. We've had our machine since June
and thought we should do it while it's still paid for in our package. Day
one - we had to sew out the same design using different fabric each time.
It amazed me how much difference the fabric makes on how the design sews
out. I mean, I've been sewing on my Amaya since June and this fact,
although I'm sure I've read it somewhere before, was an eye opener for me.
Such an art form this embroidery stuff! To think we might need to change
the design for different kinds of fabric. This variable can account for
many thread breaks. On most of the fabrics, the design sewed out without
any problems. On some there were lots of thread breaks and all other
variables were accounted for.It was merely the design was too dense for
that fabric.

We learn the cap segment today. Can't wait.

Does anyone have specific questions for the trainer? I'll be glad to take
them to her tomorrow.

Genie Zenowich
Columbus, Ohio