[amayausers] Re: Training

  • From: "Janel Harris" <janel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:09:00 -0700

Aaron,

I went to training for my EMC 10 yrs ago. Afterwards I realized that it
did speed up my learning curve. I probably could have waded through the
tutorials and information myself but it would have been a slower
frustrating process. When choosing to learn by trial and error the
number of service calls tend to go up as well.

I have also been to training for AMAYA. Because it is so different from
other machines, experienced embroiderers would benefit from it. Someone
new to embroidery, I would absolutely recommend it. You also learn other
important aspects such as software, maintenance and hooping. There is a
lot of information to take in so keeping good notes is important because
memory will only retain about 30% of it.

As Rod mentioned there are travel related costs involved even though the
training itself is free. Some find it difficult to attend because of
jobs or disabilities. Others have several employees that need training
or prefer to learn by another method. On-site and CD based training are
available for that. Melco University has a list of all the options at
http://www.melcouniversity.com/html/Training-Options.html

Janel Harris
Dimensional Designs
http://www.dimdesigns.com