[amayausers] Re: Training

  • From: gzenowich@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:28:08 -0500

Just real quickly:
      don't ever use 3 unless you are using very,very fine material.
      most fabrics need a higher number than I thought. We used a 12 on our
hats
      some fabrics need double backing
      the sewing actually goes into the backing on most fabrics because the
weave in the fabric is not dense enough to hold the thread.
      every fabric accepts the thread in different ways, so it's necessary
to practice on fabrics as close to your product as possible.
      the more expensive fabric has a heavier weight. heavier weight
requires a higher number. Expensive, heavier towels will need to be at
about 11 or 12.
      same for thick robes.
      (we were doing most of our work at 3 and 4. I guess we were afraid of
the higher numbers).
      knits will stretch all four ways and are therefore unstable fabrics.
They need untearable backing. Stable fabrics that only stretch along the
bias can use            tear away.

      That's all I can think of right now. We;re off to class...
      It does help to have to reiterate what we've learned, so any more
questions would be appreciated!

Thanks, as always to this group. I think most of the stuff I have learned
is from you folks and I appreciate this group more than I can say.

Genie Z

                       "HK Acree"

                       <hkacree@xxxxxxxxxx        To:
<amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                       et>                        cc:

                       Sent by:                   Subject:  [amayausers] Re:
Training
                       amayausers-bounce@f

                       reelists.org

                       03/29/2005 07:35 PM

                       Please respond to

                       amayausers

Genie,
Could you expound a bit on what they taught you concerning fabrics and
densities?

Herb
Royal Embroidery