[amayausers] Re: Lettering

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:13:31 -0500

The only (and last) batch of teeshirts we did had about 9,000
stitches-a really 100% covered area-and it puckered so bad on the
test we had to do double 3 oz...might as well just sewn a patch and
sewn that in place!
But that was before the actifeed...so when I get bored some day I'll
run a test and see.
So far I'm having good results with the actifeed on cheap fleece
blankets, sweats, workjackets, nylon jackets, and totes...I feel the
actual sewn area is 'tighter' than without the actifeed, and we see
either no bobbin at all in the back, or lighter material the bobbin
is pulled right up through the front-no happy medium except hats and
heavy jackets and totes! Weird...and our bobbins are lasting twice as
long....using more thread instead.
But it looks good, sews faster, and compared to before, almost no
thread breaks.

Roland