[access-uk] Re: avg free edition

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:04:17 +0100

Hi Barry

Out of interest, what screen access product are you using?  I'm using JAWS
6.1 and tried the Nod32 trial, everything worked fine until I tried to do a
Windows Update, then when I clicked on the install button my speech and
braille from JAWS died, and wouldn't come back again until I had closed the
window.  I tried disabling each module of NOD32, but eventually I found the
only way to get rid of the problem was to uninstall it completely.  this is
a shame as I liked the program, I don't want to use Norton or Mcafee
Cybergranny, and have quite a few concerns about AVG, whether paid or free.

James