[access-uk] Re: avg free edition

  • From: "Barry Toner" <barrys.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:35:19 +0100

Hi Carol.

It's been a while since I frist setup my network but I belive there is a setup wizard somewhere that allows you to share files and folders across the network.

The reason ebing I don't like wizards when it comes to networking is Windows appears to add something, (which I'm not sure of what this is yet), that can make the network flaky.

For example.

When I frist had my network I used my router and repeaters setup cd's, and I used a setup wizard as aposed to going into the drive/folders properties.

My network drives would become unavailable at times and the only way I coudl get access to them again was by rebooting one of the systems or running a network repair. Which basically clears the net bios cache.

I am finding that wizards although useful can often make changes you're not aware of to a setup.
Barry

The pillars of any good relationship I believe are, Honesty, Trust, and Communication.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>