[access-uk] Re: avg free edition

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:10:48 +0100

I think peter here makes the case for free anti-virus and anti-spyware /adware
editions.  He bought the plus version of Adaware, which adds a shield to the
basic program, thus enhancing its defence capabilities a lot.

People who use AVG free edition will very likely be more disposed to upgrade to
the paid-for version, which includes support.  Its in the latter area that aVG
doesn't claim to compete with competitorsbut when you do upgrade the cost is
competitive with the market leaders.  AVG also has going for it the more
frequent virus deffinition updates.

I am sure AVG will be high on muy list of paid-for upgrades if and when I get a
business going.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx