[access-uk] Re: avg free edition

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:52:54 +0100

Hi Andy,

Let's suppose you have two computers, A & B, linked together
as a small network.

Each of those computers has a C: drive.

If you are on computer A, and want to look at computer B's
C: drive, you cannot, because it has the same drive letter
as your own.

So what you do is tell computer A that you are going to
assign (or map) a disk drive letter to a disk drive on
computer B.

Hence you might perhaps use the letter F, telling your
computer that this is actually the C: drive on computer B.

When you then look in My Computer, you would see an F: drive
on Computer B:

The process is called "Drive Mapping"

George.

or is there a
> copy somewhere that it does not scan?
>

> --
> Carol
> carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

need to do is
> to install avg free edition on both machines. It means you
cannot
> scan mapped drive on the network but otherwise it does not
know or
> care you have another machine on your lan.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Doris
>
> At 10:17 AM 8/24/2005 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >Guess what? NAV's playing up again, so, I'm contemplating
using AVG
> >free edition. Think I've hit a snag though, when I read
the product
> >limitations it says that it is not suitable for a
network, we have 2
> >PCS networked sharing the internet connection through a
router.
> >Any of you using this version with a config similar to
mine? Any
> >comments on this matter welcomed.
> >
> >Cheers now,
> >
> >Marie
> >
> >** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following
link:-

Date:

Date:
> 8/22/2005