[access-uk] Re: Chancing the cards?

  • From: "Mike Moore" <mikeis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 14:37:13 -0000

Hi,

Thanks Andy; sorry Ibrahim, I had asked about the apps, for my own selfish
purpose!

I think that it is ridiculous how expensive items are.  For example, the
talking book service, where a new cd is posted every time, to each person,
then the disk is shredded and recycled, as it cannot be posted out to
another person.

Would it not be easier to print your address on the sleeve, their address on
the disk and hey presto, they could use it for more than once?.. or download
for those who can?

Perhaps then the pricing of other items could be reduced, rather than
subsidising this extremely wasteful provision.

  _____