[access-uk] Chancing the cards?

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 10:10:42 -0000

Hi Everyone.

I know we’ve discussed games on here in the past, so I thought I’d raise this
issue as it raises my hackles somewhat.  I was on the RNIB online shop this
morning looking for brailed playing cards, and was shocked to discover that
these cards cost £7.26, while the standard printed cards cost less than half
this at £3.5.  For an organisation that claims to promote equal access, this is
hardly an encouragement to take up a new hobbies or interest as it penalises
those of us who must use braille.  A couple of sets of these cards would set me
back a Wapping £14.5, an outrageous amount of money considering that the work
required to adapt these cards IE putting a suit and numeric denominator on each
hardly merits such an inflated price.  Thoughts anyone?

All the best, Ibrahim.