[56raf_firebirds] Re: Benchmarking, was Drivers for VR

  • From: 56RAF_phoenix <phoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 22:07:37 +0100

Afterburner logs a "1" in the Power Limit column when the card hits it.
My guess is that the manufacturers play games with the power circuits to differentiate the cards for marketing purposes.

56RAF_phoenix

On 10/04/2021 20:41, Joe Stronach (Redacted sender jstronach for DMARC) wrote:

Power limit huh...Well that's interesting, and not something I'd previously thought about. Are you going from Afterburner's reading of the same Phoenix?

My 3080 registers 100% usage with several other applications, so why would power limit be hit in Il2 before 100% utilisation but not in other games or benchmarks I wonder? Those other applications are not VR, which is the most obviate difference I guess.

Roke

Get Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36>