[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:39:38 +0200

Am 14.08.2006 um 13:14 schrieb Stephan Assmus:

Hi Koki,

Haiku needs doers more than (seemingly) clear decisions. So I'm doing
someting, but I wanted it to be an open process at the same time, and except
for those emails from you and Joseph, I figured it to be quite successful so
far. I'm not really up to speed on what happens elsewhere. The communication
here is taking me enough time already.
When you say "Haiku needs to..." it always reflects to the individuals behind
whatever process in focus. So in this case me. I wrote the news item, Axel
posted it. At the time, I thought it expressed what was openly discussed on
this list before. I'm always living "now". If I see "now" that I screwed
something up, I simply try to fix it. So I will write another news item
trying to clarify what the purpose of the "contest" is.

Well said, Stephan!

Jorge, stop pretending Haiku is something it isn't namely any kind of organisation. Stop lobbying for bureaucracy! For financial and presumably IP reasons there is a body registered in the states so that donations can be handled tax efficiently for some; and there is an admin mailing list and IRC channel. But that's it, no constitution and no obligations to *anyone* just a bunch of programmers working on a common project with some people on the fringe providing some ancillary services. It's not perfect but it's low overhead and it works.

Charlie

Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20
Düsseldorf