[wisb] Re: Solstice Challenge

  • From: Lennie Lichter <lennieandmaria@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 07:56:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks.
Sunday 12/20/09 report:
Scheduling prevented me from taking my usual hike on Friday and Saturday.
However I was in the general area on Friday and, although the temps were in the
mid 20s with no wind, no birds were heard singing on Friday AM.

Saturday I was in my area on the La Crosse Christmas Bird Count with the same
weather conditions and the only birds I heard singing there were one
Black-capped Chickadee and two Tufted Titmice.  None of those were singing too
persistently.

This morning the weather was pretty much the same as the last two days and all
of the usual birds were seen and heard but the only ones heard singing were one
White-breasted Nuthatch and one Tufted Titmouse, with the latter singing quite
persistently.

Now tomorrow we'll see if the birds are affected by the Solstice here this year.

Lennie Lichter
Monroe County