[wisb] Re: Solstice Challenge

  • From: Lennie Lichter <lennieandmaria@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 06:12:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks.
Saturday 12/26/09 report.
After a drastic overnight drop in temperature it was only about 7.5 degrees
this morning.  The good news was that the skies were clear for the first time
in a while and there was no wind.  The following birds were heard:

Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Blue Jay
Black-capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
Eastern Bluebird
Northern Cardinal
Purple Finch
American Goldfinch

And, once again, the only song I heard was the slower White-breasted Nuthatch
song but this time there were more Nuthatches "singing".  One woodpecker (a
Downy?) was heard drumming once.  And this time the two or three Eastern
Bluebirds were heard flying over just as I got back towards the house.

Just one day left in the Solstice Challenge.

Lennie Lichter
Monroe County