[WinPrnDev] Re: Creating a Printer Driver

  • From: Sam Elamin <hussam_88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:29:44 +0000

Dear All

As you have probably been reading I have been trying to write a print driver
that prints a document across networks to a printer server. We mainly covered
two methods which are copying the spool file which is printer specific or
extracting the EMF which does not have the fonts.

Now I was wondering what if we go down a different route, what if we create a
print driver that creates a PDF file of any document sent to it and then
uploads that document to my server? The fonts will be embedded and the spooling
is actually done on the server side so it saves us the trouble of printing and
extracting.

Would that do the trick, and can it actually be done. Print to a virtual
printer which creates a PDF of the document and uploads to a server.

Regards
Sam

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/