[WinPrnDev] Re: Creating a Printer Driver

  • From: "Jason Harrison" <jharrison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:57:30 -0700

Hi Sam,

Or the printer driver could convert the file to PDF or XPS, both of which are
more portable and better documented than SPL, or PCL.

Can you give us more context on what you really want to achieve and the problem
you are trying to solve?  We may be suggesting
incorrect solutions because we don't have the larger context.

-Jason

--

Jason Harrison
Sr Software Developer

  _____

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (and any attachment to it) is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed in the header, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. Any reproduction, distribution, modification or use of the contents of
this message (and any attachment to it) by any
individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately and delete the original.

  _____

P Please think before you print!

From: jharrison@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:37:22 -0700

Hi Sam,

I have to agree with the other responses that if you want to "send the document
to a website" then a printer driver is not the way
to go.

However, if you would accept sending a "printed document to a website" then a
printer driver plus port monitor might work but it
would send the printout (SPL or XPS file) to the website.  But not the original
document.

Do you have any other requirements or limitations like the applications that
this has to work with?  Are you thinking that a printer
driver is pretty universal so it might work?  What about saving the document to
a "watched folder" on the computer and then
uploading those documents?

-Jason