[WinPrnDev] Re: Creating a Printer Driver

  • From: Sam Elamin <hussam_88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:24:14 +0000

Abdul

I am trying to understand what you are saying.

Do you mean the spool file by "SPL"? and what do you mean by the EMF? what does
the Virtual Print Processor exactly do?

I am sorry for my complete ignorance but I am very new to the Print Driver
world (2 days to be exact) so these terms are all new to me.

Regards

Sam

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 11:12:18 +0530
Subject: [WinPrnDev] Re: Creating a Printer Driver
From: abqader.iqbal@xxxxxxxxx
To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sam,
You can get the SPL files from the Printers folder.You will need to extract the
EMF from the spool file and play the EMF on the corresponding context.So you
will need to create a Virtual Print Processor.The path where the spool files
are stored are kept in the registry.
The PrintProcessor exports some calls of which PrintDocumentonPrintProcessor is
what you need to look out for.
Please let me know if you need more info on this.We had implemeted some thing
close to what you did.

ThanksAbdul

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Sam Elamin <hussam_88@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Everyone

I am trying to develop a printer driver which will be installed on a client
side, what i need this driver to do is just save the path of documents sent to
it to a string and forward that string to an ASP.NET application which will
upload the document to a print server.

now i already have the upload client working so here is the scenario which the
printer will work on.

Document "X" is printed to a printer with the installed driver (Printer "A")

Printer "A" will then get the path of the given document and save it to string
"Path", "Path" will then be sent to a Webpage which will upload it.

I kept it as basic as possible because i just want to know if it could be done?

Regards
Sam

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/