[WinPrnDev] Re: Creating a Printer Driver

  • From: Christoph Lindemann <christoph@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:30:58 +0200

Hi Sam,

I think a lot of people have tried to answer your questions so far, with good suggestions. And I would like to ask you to try to solve some of your questions on your own, before abusing this mailing list again.

Please read the following article: “How To Ask Questions The Smart Way”
http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html <http://catb.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

Further I suggest you start your printer driver endeavor by reading and understanding the Windows Driver Developer Kit. From your question it seems obvious to me that you have not taken your time to understand (or maybe not even read) the DDK. Further I suggest using Google or similar to search the web for answers, there are actually several open source projects that implement your needed solution in whole or in parts.

Also please use the appropriate mailing lists to get help on these or other projects. This mailing list is for windows driver development, and if you have questions for particular open source projects, lets say GhostScript, this list is not the right place to ask.

If your need information on PDL’s like PostScript, PCL… please refer to the reference manuals of these PDL’s. Again this list is for Windows Printer Driver development and not for discussing particular PDL. Although you might find people that are quite knowledgeable about this on this list, at least read the reference manuals before asking questions.

/christoph

---
Questions? First check the UndocPrint pages at
http://www.undocprint.org/winspool

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server page at
//www.freelists.org/list/winprndev