[windows2000] Re: OT: Certification misrepresentation?

  • From: Jeff Malczewski <jmalczewski@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:44:48 -0400

That was my thoughts on the legal aspect..  No, they wouldn't put them in
"certification jail" as Greg said, but I'm sure there is something somewhere
in the Microsoft certification package about upholding a code of ethics and
not misrepresenting yourself, etc etc...

As for providing his transcript, *I* have seen it.  The problem is, he won't
show it to anyone else, including his supervisor, who also doesn't seem to
care about the matter...  He has an MCP+i certificate on his wall, so the
un-knowing supervisor automatically thinks that since he has an MCSE and
this other one says MCP+i that it's ok to put the two together, even though
he's legally two tests and a few hundred thousand brain cells short of the
real cert...  IMHO he shouldn't have the MCSE either, since it was a
boot-camp MCSE and he didn't retain anything from it...

And Greg-  I know this is the sort of thing that gives the rest of us a bad
name.  I have worked hard, studied, gotten TONS of hands on, and done
everything that needs to be done to ensure that I actually KNOW the material
that piece of paper says I know.  Why do you think I'm bent about this
id10t??