[torontocbm] Re: does any one know what the correct syntax for opening a .d64 image is on sd2iec?

  • From: James Alexander <james.m.alexander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 21:53:15 -0400

Hey Walter,

An unmodified 64 will show light blue border & text with darker blue background.

Miraglia, Walter wrote:

Thank you very very much, It worked thank you….

So I get it, all the commands in the document need to be encompassed by

This syntax to get the commands onto the sd2iec… card… J

I’m going to build a power connector and iec connector and bypass my daughter card,

In the even it is causing the issue with the flashing led….

Because if I press switch 2 while the red led is off, it will stay off and the board is accessible,

Via the iec serial bus… when I release sw2, it goes back to it’s patient 2 seconds on and 2 seconds off…

One other quick question….

When I turn the C64 I just purchased from tpug, the text is white, and the boarder is white…

The background is blue…. But the ROM chips are original…. Was this the standard color for a while

For old bread box C64’s?

Cheers….

I’m gonna jiffy doss it, so not really concerned, just wondering…

But it is kinda interesting…

    From: Miraglia, Walter <Walter.Miraglia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: [torontocbm] Re: does any one know what the correct
    syntax for opening a .d64 image is on sd2iec?
    To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Yup I saw that, but had trouble with it...
    So I was looking for a straight forward example
    Using the example of MSPACMAN.D64...

    So ? would it be: OPEN1,8,15":MSPACMAN.D64":CLOSE1

    If so I tried that and got a syntax error...tried many... :)

    Any time I used OPEN I got a syntax error, which is why I was asking,
    I'm also trying to determine if I have an issue with my sd2iec...

    So if anyone can provide an example of what I am to type, it would
    be very very helpful...

    Cheers and thanks for the link Golan, :)