[THIN] Re: Recommendations for Thin client devices

  • From: "Roger Riggins" <roger.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:36:55 -0500

On the flip side, I prefer to have all IE traffic in a Citrix session.
It doesn't consume extra bandwidth outside of their session. And... It
allows me to use S10s. IMO, your web filter and av/spware apps should
handle most of the risk.

Remember what you're trying to accomplish by going to thin clients. If
decentralized browsing, OS and application updates, higher cost per
device and management utilities are at the top of your list... then go
XPe. But...don't you already have all that with your PC? ;)

I realize my situation doesn't apply to everyone else's, but everyone
should still think about why you are going to thin clients in the first
place when deciding which ones to get.

Roger Riggins
Network Administrator
Lutheran Services in Iowa