[THIN] Re: Recommendations for Thin client devices

  • From: Michael Pardee <pardeemp.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:55:38 -0400

"You can easily end up re-creating the fat PC with added limitations!"

Exactly what we struggle with.  The discussion also comes up when
troubleshooting performance issues.  With a PC you can put a true agent for
a management solution on there (Compuware, Mercury, EdgeSight, etc).  With
the WinCE clients we have only been able to mirror the network port to get a
sense of what is going on.