[THIN] Re: Recommendations for Thin client devices

  • From: Michael Pardee <pardeemp.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 19:26:16 -0400

For me, that is where the WinCE thin clients work well.  I believe with Wyse
you can have a management server in your DMZ and the clients will boot up
and look to the management server for any updates and pull them down, even
behind nat¹d addresses and firewalls.  That is where the Neowares have not
done well for us, but that accounts for less than 10% of our overall
population.  Who knows, maybe the new Neoware tool will address this issue.
I believe they are finally releasing it now.

From: <tony.mcphail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 11:35:54 +1000
To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: Recommendations for Thin client devices

I have a project at the moment to look at providing remote sites access to
published applications and lotus notes email via the internet. I was looking
at using thin clients to minimise the support of a remote PC on the
internet. How do you think the discussion on support of thin clients versus
PC would change when they are not part of a domain and you can't use GPO,
SMS etc to manage the PC.

As always this discussion is very interesting.

Tony McPhail
IT Technical Manager
Phone:  (03) 9896 6112
Mobile: 0417 035 807

The Salvation Army
Australia Southern Territory
http://www.salvationarmy.org.au/home.asp

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by
NetIQ MailMarshal