[tabi] Re: Online Courses

  • From: Governor Staten <govsta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 00:18:45 -0400

That Chip is as simple as it can be made. I'm learning about something called Drupal, a content management system that assists with building websites. It follows accessibility rules and gets better with each release. Using things like the above package to build websites will in itself assist with accessibility. The phone conference should work for everyone.

On 6/25/2011 11:01 PM, Allison and Chip Orange wrote:
I think I finally understand Charles' point: we should have an alternate way of taking remote classes which doesn't require so much technical sophistication. I agree; how about simply having the audio from the classes piped into phone line number (a conference call line) where students could call and listen? live or to recordings? I did that once at work with a company who knew their remote seminar software wasn't accessible, so they made the audio of live classes available on a conference call line. I don't know what else to say: remote learning is really hard to do. maybe you could get them to do the hadley approach where they mailed the students all the needed materials. But even for the technically sophisticates, if you're blind, I think there will be many remote learning situations which won't work. Not until we get all computer professionals on board with the technical points behind accessibility, and all business people get the idea that the ADA applies to everything public on the web (and it looks to me that the legal interpretation is moving in that direction).

                        *From:* Tinetta Cooper
                            *From:* Charles Atkins
                                *From:* Tinetta Cooper
                                    *From:* Charles Atkins