[tabi] Re: Online Courses

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 19:03:01 -0400

this is a very very good point Governor!

I've seen some assistive technology instructors simply giving the student
keystrokes to memorize, with no explanation as to which ones were a screen
reader command, and which (such as windows-M or even tabbing between
controls of a dialog) were windows commands, and so would work for sighted
people or with another screen reader.

Place such students in a slightly different environment (say with another
screen reader), and they have no idea what they can and can't use.

Chip

  _____