[tabi] Re: I have an idea for TCB, NFB, and the Lighthouse

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:30:31 -0500

Darla,

I'm sorry, but I don't agree adding interest does anything extra for
someone's credit.

if you think it adds dignity, then fine, you're free to add interest to
your payments and help build up the fund; otherwise, those who don't
feel they can afford interest should be allowed to have an interest free
loan.  not everyone is living off of relatively high SSDI payments; many
are getting by on nearly nothing SSI payments, and I'd like to do
something to help.  We could always ask each applicant if they preferred
to pay interest or not, if that would help such a loan fund get going.