[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Justifying the all breed

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:26:34 -0800 (PST)

IMO the biggest problem with the All breed shows is the ring size.  My kennel
club hosted an all breed show last year (outdoors) and as the Superintendent
was doing ring set up I asked the question why it seemed the GSD's are always
in the smallest ring.....the damn toy group has friggin acreage but the
shepherds are always in the tiniest ring available.

  This gentlemen proceeded to tell me he was sick of all the GSD people
complaining about ring size all the time and that maybe we should take our
bells and whistles stop showing in all breed all together.  Needless to say I
was speechless and went storming off only to run into this guy a little later
who laughed and said he was only kidding.....and then offered to switch the
ring numbers around for me.

  I guess my point is that if more GSD people were members of all breed kennel
clubs we might have more influence on things like ring size and judges at the
all breed shows.
  Cindy

Falkrigia@xxxxxxx wrote:
  Don't intend to try and change your mind. I have three champions that
received one major in the All Breed ring under an All Breed judge and the
second in
your large outdoor specialty ring under a true Specialty Judge. One of them
finished with a five point major Best of Breed over 4 or 5 Specials. I don't
say all All Breed Judges will do the GSD justice but there are some who do a
better job than some specialty judges.
There is a place for both the All Breed and Specialty shows in the dog world
and a
little more support from the GSD fancy would insure that the better qualified
judges would be judging in both rings. Also it might be fun to talk to some
novice people at an All Breed show and eventually they may join and increase
our GSDCA membership rolls.

Gene

Check out our websites for constantly updated info and pictures
www.falkrigiashepherds.com
www.thecraftywoodchuck.com

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original