[sac-board] Re: SAC Constitution and Proposed Amendment 2.0

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:09:14 -0700

The signature gatherer has two obvious responses to a non-signer. His first is
to show them where to U-turn so they may leave the event. The second is to
allow them to enter. In this case, he must note where the person parks and
inform the coordinator, who will pay a personal visit to the non-signer and
again ask for signature. The coordinator should be accompanied by a
co-coordinator and an officer(s) of the Club, at which point there will be at
least three witnesses to the non-signing. At that point you've done all you
could, and the non-signer is in violation of event regulations and could be
considered a non-participant or even a trespasser. Odds at this point of not
getting a sig is what, maybe 1:1000. Not too big a workload for a coordinator.
I'm sure at big events, you sign or you do not attend, period. Just as at
cycling events, no helmet or no sig, you're disqualified and out of the race.
Please decide well beforehand (and inform all) how serious you want to treat
this matter. My opinions of course, run it past counsel.

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Phoenix AZ
Telescoper@xxxxxxx
www.saguaroastro.org

Sp@m:  Don't try - Don't reply - Don't buy.

I still have not heard a reasonable, measured response to the question I
have had all along--what do we do about the person who just plain =
refuses to
sign and then won't leave?  Police action?  Vigilante action?  Is
threatening them with "no Marathon award" a strong enough incentive to =
Steve Coe