[rollei_list] Re: a little unparallel of lens panel

  • From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:22:42 -0500

My fear is that your Rollei may have taken a hit in the past. When I pored
over one of my books on buying vintage cameras, the biggest issue with
Rolleiflexes seemed to be that you must ensure that the camera's lens and
film planes are absolutely parallel, and that buying a camera that has taken
a hit is risky. Just yesterday, I saw a Rolleiflex GX on e**y that is being
auctioned by B&H Photo. The price is very low because B&H states that their
technician cannot get it to focus at any distance. I assumed this to be the
same sort of problem, i.e., non-parallel lens/film.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com
http://400tx.blogspot.com/