[rollei_list] Re: a little unparallel of lens panel

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:59:49 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "steven woody" <narkewoody@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 8:16 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: a little unparallel of lens panel

Knoppow, i would thank God if you were live in China :-)

  That is a very high compliment, thank you.

can i deduce from above discussion that, if what i described the
wobbling can be seen not only from the front panel but also from the
front elements of the two lens, so this is a lens mount uneven
problem, not a front panel problem? am i right? actually, i noticed
the front elements of the lens moved in a exactly the same way as the
front panel.

- woody ---

The lens and shutter and finder lens are all mounted on a metal panel called the lens board. It has a decorative cover on it we have been calling the front panel. All this stuff is effectively one piece when assembled.
The problem I have described results in a side to side wiggle or wobble of the whole assembly when focusing.
One trick you can try is to move the focus to about the middle of the range and push and pull on the front, not too hard, it should move just a little. Wiggling it may loosen up the cam followers. I don't think it will work but it can't hurt anything.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx