[rollei_list] Re: a little unparallel of lens panel

  • From: Jeffery Smith <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:42:23 -0500

It was difficult not to snatch it up at that price, but I don't need any new headaches.

At 08:59 AM 7/24/2006, you wrote:

I have an Automat that is mildly out at infinity.  That "not focus at any
distance," I suspect is a shifted lens element."
P.J. Nebergall

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:22:42 -0500 "Jeffery Smith" <jls@xxxxxxxxxx> writes: > My fear is that your Rollei may have taken a hit in the past. When I > pored > over one of my books on buying vintage cameras, the biggest issue > with > Rolleiflexes seemed to be that you must ensure that the camera's > lens and > film planes are absolutely parallel, and that buying a camera that > has taken > a hit is risky. Just yesterday, I saw a Rolleiflex GX on e**y that > is being > auctioned by B&H Photo. The price is very low because B&H states > that their > technician cannot get it to focus at any distance. I assumed this to > be the > same sort of problem, i.e., non-parallel lens/film. > > Jeffery Smith > New Orleans, LA > http://www.400tx.com > http://400tx.blogspot.com/ > > On 21-Jul-06, at 6:59 PM, steven woody wrote: > > > hi, > > > > i found a problem with my 3.5e which i did not noticed when i > bought. > > when moving the focusing knob back and forth, the two sides of the > > > lens panel don't move simultaneously, hence can not keep totally > > parallel to the camera body, the difference between two sides is > about > > 1mm. > > > > i want to know that whether this 1mm unparallelled is a big > problem? > > and is it possible to repair it by myself? i live in china and > don't > > believe here local repair stores. > > > > thanks. > > > > - > > woody > > --- > > Rollei List > > > > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > > > > - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' > > in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org > > > > - Unsubscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with > > 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into > > www.freelists.org > > > > - Online, searchable archives are available at > > //www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list > > > > --- > Rollei List > > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > > - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' > in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org > > - Unsubscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with > 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into > www.freelists.org > > - Online, searchable archives are available at > //www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list > > > > --- > Rollei List > > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > > - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' > in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org > > - Unsubscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with > 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into > www.freelists.org > > - Online, searchable archives are available at > //www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list > >