[rollei_list] Re: a little unparallel of lens panel

  • From: "steven woody" <narkewoody@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:08:21 +0800

hi, after several days, i back to the subject. hope i can still get
your kind help.

i've sent the camera to a local repair store and opened the body.  the
repair man tell me the cams  have been ruined.  it seems i need a new
cam.  but i am not sure where i can get it.  the repair man searched
the hongkong market but found nothing. i am wondering if i can buy one
at eBay?

thanks.

On 7/25/06, Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter J Nebergall" <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx> To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 12:39 PM Subject: [rollei_list] Re: a little unparallel of lens panel

> This Automat has something wrong with the focusing rack > gear. All close > work OK til it comes to ~50 foot, and then it tilts to one > side -- you > can see it. It does not affect anything except vanishing > points, being > far less "shift" than my Linhof is capable of... Still, I > know it is > there. > > I just thought the man whose machine was "never in focus" > might have a > shifted element... > > P.J. Nebergall > It could still be a lubrication or tension problem with the focusing cams. Its possible something is bent inside but I think that would make the focus get stiff or jam at some point. There is no way to be sure without opening up the camera. If the lenses are in good condition its worth getting the thing overhauled.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx