[rollei_list] Re: Slide film is still alive

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:22:46 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Brick" <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:02 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Slide film is still alive

> Here's the manual, with a description & pictures.
>
> http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/PDF/HasManuals/PCP80.pdf
>
> Each lens has a matched condenser, as the lens is shifted,
> the
> condenser lens tilts up or down facing the rear of the
> lens. That's
> all I can tell you other than it works. The projectors
> were made by
> Zeiss and I have seen some really huge multi-projector
> shows
> (Photokina & PMA) where registration & illumination were
> critical.
> There is no discernible falloff in using lens shift with
> this projector.
>
> Jim
>

> On Feb 23, 2008, at 2:34 PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

   That would do it. Usually the condenser system and lamp
are fairly critical about position in order to get even
screen illumination. This is also a problem with condenser
type enlargers where the lens tilts to get correction of
perspective. Ideally, the negative stage should tilt and
this arrangement is made on some enlargers. Diffusion
enlargers are easier to deal with but a diffusion source
would be impractical for projection.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA