[rollei_list] Re: Slide film is still alive

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:13:36 -0500

Having seen lots of MF projection (stereo, even more revealing) and
digital projection side by side under the best possible circumstances
(NSA programs), I can state without hesitation that the digital is
superior for the reasons outlined. But keep in mind that projection is
not the most demanding or critical display medium. I think looking at
MF chromes under a very high quality loop, or in the case of MF stereo
in a high grade viewer, is about the most revealing and immersive
experience in all of photography... projection does not come close...

Eric Goldstein