[rollei_list] Re: Slide film is still alive

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:32:18 -0300 (ART)

I can't understand your point of view Eric, you
couldn't compare a MF slides projection on a large
screen regarding to see them with a loupe, the
perception for the viewer is impressive about the
projected slides, but a loupe is only a loupe (I
interpret you meant loupe, excuse me if I'm wrong),
demanding people and institutions in the continental
Europe prefer the traditional optical slide
projection, even 35mm, and this is the reason Rollei
still manufacture their excellent MF and 35mm slide
projectors.-

All the best
Carlos

--- Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Having seen lots of MF projection (stereo, even more
> revealing) and
> digital projection side by side under the best
> possible circumstances
> (NSA programs), I can state without hesitation that
> the digital is
> superior for the reasons outlined. But keep in mind
> that projection is
> not the most demanding or critical display medium. I
> think looking at
> MF chromes under a very high quality loop, or in the
> case of MF stereo
> in a high grade viewer, is about the most revealing
> and immersive
> experience in all of photography... projection does
> not come close...
>

> Eric Goldstein
>

> On 2/23/08, Austin Franklin
> <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Eric,
> >

> >  > As wonderful of optical projection can be,
> digital projection is
> >  > typically even better.
> >

> > I would typically agree for 35mm, but for medium
> format, I'm not sure that
> >  holds.  The digital projectors that I've seen and
> used can't project near
> >  the resolution you'll get from a 6x6 slide.
> What's the highest resolution
> >  digital projector you've seen, and have you seen
> it with medium format
> >  digitally captured images?
> >
> >  Regards,
> >

> >  Austin
> >

> >  ---
> >  Rollei List
> >
> >  - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> >  - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> with 'subscribe'
> >  in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org
> >
> >  - Unsubscribe at
> rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
> >  'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
> into www.freelists.org
> >
> >  - Online, searchable archives are available at
> >  //www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org

> with
> into www.freelists.org

      Tarjeta de crédito Yahoo! de Banco Supervielle.
Solicitá tu nueva Tarjeta de crédito. De tu PC directo a tu casa.
www.tuprimeratarjeta.com.ar