[ratpack] Re: Carls Winter cross photos

  • From: "Larry Knight" <Larry.Knight@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:34:32 -0700

I liked you night shots better than mine Mr. Hot Wheels, thanks for the
heads up  on where they were posted. I learned a little by looking at
your shots. My camera was set to a "Vivid" setting on the color
saturation at the time I shot the night shots. Turn that off or back
down to normal. Mine were over saturated. Red was a problem because of
that. The red Honda that started glowing the earliest had a ton of
splotchy noise in the paint as it got darker - Yours not as much.
Overall a good learning experience for me too. Oh and I also learned
that my kit lens, a 18-55 VR lens, really really sucks at late night
rotor glowing photography. The other lens, a 70-300 VR did a much better
job (which would seem the opposite to me, but I'm goofy sometimes)

Ray, I liked the CCW shot much better. I think it is the photographers
eye that makes us like it or not. We may not all think the girl next
door is beautiful, but I don't know anyone who has ever seen Catharine
Deneuve that doesn't think she is beautiful. Some pictures appeal to
some of us, and some pictures appeal to all of us. I do like you
thoughts on the  down-hill braking and up-hill steady speed. I think it
is intuitive in some ways. They both look better tilted, to me, than
straight up.

Larr