[ratpack] Re: Carls Winter cross photos

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:17:22 -0700

At 11:20 AM 11/17/2009, you wrote:
Good stuff Ray, I would have never thought to increase the canvas size
to change the center point of the rotation, as the British would say
Brilliant!! Haga-san (only because Noriyuki-san is harder to type) has
never looked so good!!(and since Ben Spies won the championship, I think
it is ok to make Haga-san shots look better)(notice the nationalism in
there).

I dunno about brilliant...just something that seemed like it might work and it seems to have. I just tried it on another photo and it appears that the center of rotation is the center of the photo. I thought it might be one end of the "straighten" bar, but apparently that's not the case. However, I spose you could mess around with it by altering the amount and location of the blank canvas added to the original photo. I used a center orientation for the addition, but you can orient it on any edge or enter the amount to be added to...wherever ya want it. I just did one to test it (more blank space added to the left than the right) and the result was a shot that seemed to show the rider leaned over quite a bit more than he was....and he was already over a bunch....kneepad on the tarmac, so to speak.

Not a sure thing on Barrichello, but let Flavio know just the same.

Will do.  :)

If there is going to be nationalism in racing, and I agree there always
has been, then how about a little Americanism once in a while in the
racing world!!!!!!! Come on corporate America, let's support our
racers!!! (I find it interesting that Peter Windsor, a Brit by birth,
raised in Australia, has hooked up with and American to do an American
F1 effort. I am thrilled, to be sure, but very interesting.

I find the whole American F1 thing to be almost beyond belief. Are they still gonna be headquartered in Charlotte? Or are they gonna have a PO Box there with their shops in the UK? It just wouldn't seem to make a lotta sense to have the shops in NC when there's only one race in this hemisphere....well, depends where ya draw the line, but Charlotte is about as far as Siberia in relation to most of the F1 community.

Did you hear that Timo Glock just signed with the Manor F1 team, next
year. I guess he is used to the back of the grid, so this won't be a big
change for him (Toyota F1 spending a good deal of time at the back over
the years)

I hadn't heard about Glock, but yer right. He'll prolly be at home at the back of the pack. The announcement is here along with a few more interesting bits...like Button/McLaren a done deal and Piquet might be be heading for Force India...or a NASCAR truck ride. Like I said, silly season started a coupla years back and is just gettin warmed up.
http://www.motorsport.com/news/series.asp?S=F1

RtR