[ratpack] Re: Car show photos

  • From: Nathan Nickerson <natenick67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:54:21 -0700 (PDT)

Ray,

Great explanation!  You're nuts, but in a good way!  Awesome dedication, I learned a few things reading your email.  Thanks John for the link to your site, excellent work.  You can appreciate what Ray is doing day in and day out, along with building a racecar.  I admire both of your work, it's interesting to see individual styles approaching similar events, that's what I love about photography!!

It's a good day to be a Rat-Packer.

G'night all,
-Nate

From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ratpack] Car show photos
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 11:28 PM

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin/cruisin2011/20110625/Welcome.html

These were shot at the Angel Hands charity car show last Saturday.  The light was great with minimal shadows.  No "under the trees" stuff.  My daughter-in-law and granddaughter showed up and we had a great time.  There's a photo of them on the last page...and I think there are a couple where they're in the background.  It was a lotta work, and I was totaled by the time the shooting was done.  But being fresh outta working printers, I couldn't even make the prints that I'd offered as raffle prizes.  They're ready to print, just waiting on the new Canon printer to arrive (sposeta be tomorrow) so I can see how well things work with Epson paper and Canon printer/inks.