[ratpack] Re: Car show photos

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:15:12 -0600

LOL! Yer prolly right. But Larry and Paul could almost make up a somewhat presentable duo. And Paul's a damn good salesman.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program

On 5/11/2010 4:00 PM, Michael Wells wrote:
Are you serious Ray? Us have a meeting with Brian? He'd take one look at us (and by us I mean you) and throw us out on our collective ear. We'd have to send somebody like Carl, I don't think Carl could intimidate anybody.LOL

Zamboni

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Oh, yeah.  There's a "regular gang."  The green Bricklin only has
    3600 miles on it.  That's why it hasn't disintegrated.  The guy
    wasn't gonna buy it cuz he sez he hates green cars.  But the
    seller kept mentioning the low miles and the low price...and he
    decided that he'd ignore the green.  That's when he bought the big
    stuffed Kermit thing.

I agree about everyone being punished for one person's actions. It ain't right. I had to check my website. I just have an email
    link to contact me for more info about the Grand-Am photos.  I
    don't think it's one of our group.  It's probably someone who
    mailed in a credential request and it was approved because he/she
    had a reputable name on the application.

    My friend Jim suggested that I contact Brian Miller about it.  I
    may just do that.  I'm not exactly the corporate type and I have
    no idea if there's a way I could set up a meeting with several of
    us...maybe get the Ratpack acknowledged as a responsible group.

    About the water heaters: Hey, Lar!  Yer a idjit!  Howzzat?

    I really think the idea is a pretty good one as far as the water
    heaters...I sure hope ya made a diagram for the different
    settings...if not, ya might end up sending all yer hot water back
    into the input line.  :)

    Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email
program

    On 5/11/2010 1:03 PM, Larry Knight wrote:
    Nice shots Ray,
    Hey do you find that you see a lot of the same cars at the car
    shows you go to? It seems like I have seen the green Bricklin a
    couple of times around town. I can't believe that thing hasn't
    fallen apart by now. The little Opel GT seems familiar too.

    That stinks that Miller is considering banning us all for the
    mistake of one (oh shit, I hope it wasn't me!!), I seem to
    remember a similar situation happening where little Billy pulled
    Sally's hair and the whole class had to stay after school. I
    think that was in kindergarten. I guess some people/organizations
    haven't progressed much beyond that.

    Nice call on the Saleen S7 Paul, I actually knew that answer too,
    but am too slow on the reply. Actually our water heater decided
    that it would put all of it's water into the carpet and sheet
    rock in our basement rather than just keeping it in it's tank, so
    I have been busy being a plumber for a couple of days. We have
    two water heaters in our house, and I decided that I wanted to
    plumb them so that they could run in serial, parallel, or one at
    a time, all using valves. Stupid Idea, should of just replaced
    the damn water heater and left it alone. But now I have 6 valves
    and spagetti bowl of pipes. I should have bounced the idea off
    you guys, one of you would have been willing to tell me I was an
    idiot for trying something like that.

    Later
    Larr

    On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:21 AM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        For those who are interested, there are photos of one of the
        car shows I shot last Saturday here:
        http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin/cruisin2010/20100508/100508.html

        Copying and pasting from an email to another list:
        Among other things seen there, a restored 1924 Dodge touring
        car, a 36 Pontiac coupe with interesting "Iron Indian"
        graphics, a 1951 Buick "rat kustom", a couple of hearses (one
        complete with coffin), the cougars' Cougars, a 67 Caddy with
        "trained attack waitress" and a buncha other stuff.

        (g'nite)

--
Michael Wells
MCWells Photography