[ratpack] Re: Car show photos

  • From: "Dan Greenberg" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:15:53 -0600

Thank you  Ray.

When the lighting is bright and harsh I do bracket a lot.  I may not use
them all later, but if I need to at least I have them.   I would rather take
up a lot of extra space on my memory cards/hard drive than find out later I
had a potentially great shot that is washed out or too dark on part of it
and not savable.   I do use Photomatix and also various techniques and
filters such as Nik Color Efex, Viveza and Topaz Adjust and Detail.

Since I am trying to create fine art car images, I would rather have fewer
really nice images than cover the whole show in most cases.   As we all
know, there are tons of great cars that you just cannot get a decent,
fixable picture of due to where its parked, amount of junk around, behind
and reflected in the car.  So I skip them unless I think I will be able to
fix them later.

I will check out the Sto-Fen diffuser

Thanks,

Dan