[pythian] Re: Arena Project II

  • From: "kk" <krauspe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:17:38 +0100

> We can add other object a bit everywhere like :
>
> shrine, more shop, statue, fountain, etc...

but be careful about this. These add the most polygones to the scene, so
most probably they should be done as static objects to use the more
effecient HSR against them. Darryl?

> Could you move the garden, the mayor palace or the guard barrack ?
> I think that you should move the garden somewhere else ( too much obj at
the
> same place ).

I think it is positioned well. Remember that for a good map we also need a
balanced combination of open space and crowdy streets. I am not sure you
understand what I mean, but well maybe the garden should be less detailed
and create a more detailed park somewhere... but you know - parks and
gardens are often just in front of palaces and rich houses which are mostly
the most detailed parts of the map.

> Add the position of the trees.

The trees should be placed also carefully and maybe so that only the upper
parts are visible - thus the trunk could be cut off.

-kk