[pythian] Re: Arena Project II

  • From: Darryl Long <pythianproject@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:57:11 -0500

> Anyway is there a project FTP where we can upload files ? Cos... I don't
> know where to upload files for the time.

You can send them to me and I will put them on the web site.

Going with n30n's suggestion, the first thing we should do is choose our
landmarks.  I said before I like the cathedral, mayor's palace and the
tavern.  I think the 3 of these will be quite enough to worry about if
we let the player go inside.  We can still have more landmarks that are
interesting only on the outside.  For this, we can have an inn, a
blacksmith, the town hall, and a park (greenspace with trees).  Any
other suggestions?

We will require 4 gates from the inner city, and 4 guard houses, one to
the side of each gate.  We also require a guard barracks (main
headquarters) somewhere in the city.  These must also be open for the
player to go inside, but they can be very low detail.  These are for the
mission, and don't have much to do with gameplay.

The roads in between need only be long enough to keep the landmarks far
enough from the others so you can't see more than one at a time.  This
will let us have the highest possible polygon density on each landmark.

I'll draw a picture of it when I get the chance.

Darryl