[pythian] Arena Project II

  • From: "Ariel" <arielr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 03:33:55 -0800

Hi everyone !

I would like to have some technical improvement :

- Robust Lightmap System from 3D Studio or another program but that work
quickly and that is accurate.
- Bump mapping support ( maybe there is already one - but where and how it
works ? )
- Fast Level Editor for map editing ( sorry but the arena map on my PC is
impossible to edit with the level editor - perhaps it is because my
processor are slow - 2 x PIII processor at 933 Mhz )
Maybe we can add hardware line drawing and rendering in the level editor (
I've got a Quadro 4 XGL and it is realy fast for     drawing wireframe )
- Fix all major problems of the engine ( pick object, jump, FOV, etc... )

For the map :

We still use the arena market design ?

For the 3D design :

I think that all 3D modelers ( !!! ) need to work together to make the map.
Yule, could you help me for making the map ? ( and anyone else that do 3D
modelling ). Anyone can make some hand-sketches of houses ( house can be of
all styles and if you invented it - it's better ) for the map ?

Be quick for replying to my message please, because it's the week-end - and
next week I'll have again a "wave" of exams.

Cheers,

Ariel