[pure-silver] Re: old Norman P400D battery pack

  • From: Jeffrey Thorns <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 06:15:40 -0800

Call a local pro (photograpahy) shop to ask about the start-up from a long period of inactivity. I seem to recall that you do something like;

Turn it on then off very quickly.
Let it sit for several minutes.
Turn it on and let it sit for several minutes.

Or something to that effect.

Has to do with not taxing the capacitors too early.

Hi. I've been given a Norman battery pack P400D. It hasn't been used in about 10 years. I think that the guy who owned it may have thrown money at it and then not used it all that much. Has anyone had experience turning one of these things back on again all these years later, and making it function without electrocution?

Mike Healy