[pure-silver] Re: old Norman P400D battery pack

  • From: Grif <kgriffit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 11:00:41 -0800

One of the old monitors I used to support deserved to have the design engineer drawn and quartered. When you opened it up, to get to the adjustments on the main board, your forearm was about 1/2 inch from the anode connector. I'll bet I got bit at least every other month.

At 09:33 AM 3/1/2011, you wrote:
My Oscilloscope/CRT had 22,000 volts at the anode, even though the current
was very low, the voltage was high enough to throw me across the repair
shop. The wire had become disconnected from the tube and I did not see the
bare connector hanging there, but sure felt the beast.

Mike