[pure-silver] Re: old Norman P400D battery pack

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:07:24 -0700

On 3/2/2011 1:30 PM, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Back to photography a bit. I can see where the battery packs of the strobes would be extremely hazardous to you health playing with them. But that begs the question, just how much of a whalop would a typical battery operated flash unit provide to its user? I have never done anything like bust a bulb or really have any reason that it would make like ATT and reach out and touch someone. I can't really see how it could outside of damage to a unit. But if you turned around and crashed a flash into a metal pole, I wonder just how much of a shock you could get???

I have an old Japanese "Twinklite" electronic flash, powered by 6 AA batteries, that looks like a miniature Strobonar and clips on a side bar. In addition to a PC connector it has a socket for a 3 prong plug on the front under the head. I remember using the flash like a handle and getting the flesh of the side of my index finger up against the head and in unfortunate contact with the 3 pins. Once was more than enough.
Chauncey