[pure-silver] Re: need advice for purchase of flash meter

  • From: Nic.Woollaston@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:57:52 +1300

One big advantage that many of the combination meters can offer is that
they can be very helpful when you are balancing flash and ambient.  Such as
an ambient lit scene in the background with a foreground that is mostly
flash lit.

Nicolas

                    DarkroomMagic

                    <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx       To:     PureSilverNew
<pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    >                            cc:

                    Sent by:                     Subject:     [pure-silver] Re:
need advice for purchase of flash meter
                    pure-silver-bounce@fre

                    elists.org

                    07/10/04 05:49

                    Please respond to

                    pure-silver

No, he doesn't need that.

He already owns a very good (if not the best) spotmeter. He is better (and
cheaper) off with a dedicated flash meter (Minolta, Gossen or Sekonic if
you
like). The combination meters are a good choice for people who don't want
buy two or more meters and do a bit of each (studio and landscape). I
prefer
dedicated meters for several reasons, but that's just me after a lot of
testing.