[pure-silver] Re: need advice for purchase of flash meter

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 00:56:21 +0200

My apologies, I didn't make clear what I meant with 'combination meter'. I
was not referring to the ability of mixing the measurement of ambient and
flash light. Many meters can do it and that is very useful. I meant the
combination of a regular incident/reflective meter and a spotmeter.

I prefer a dedicated spotmeter (ambient or ambient/flash) in addition to a
dedicated incident/reflective meter (ambient/flash). I don't like a
spotmeter and an incident meter combined to one device, as it is a
compromise, but I can see the point from a budget point of view.

Since the original poster already has a spotmeter, I feel he is better off
with a dedicated flashmeter, which does not have a spot-metering capability,
unless he needs to spotmeter flash exposures.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht