[pure-silver] Re: need advice for purchase of flash meter

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:15:37 -0400 (EDT)

Q: How many light meters does it take to end this discussion?

A: At least 4. The two meters (spot and non-spot) Ralph recommends,
   one meter I recommend (spot and non-spot in one), and at least
   another meter to calibrate against. The test takes forever because
   everyone disputes each other to argue their system is
   better. Forget about it.

Q: How many light meter does it take to shoot a model?

A: One, as long as it's the right one. No comment necessary.

Ok, one more.

Q: How many new Nikon SLR does it take to end the "film is not dead" thread?

A: Two. One is for you to keep, and one is to sell to make money to
   buy options.  It's very hard to sell a film camera compared to
   years ago. But companies like Nikon and Canon are selling their
   cameras partly owing to their reputation built by 35mm SLR's. They
   need not sell more counts of new cameras than any of their previous
   flagships, in that sense.

I love shooting films. But I think I've seen enough "film is dead" or
otherwise. The truth will be known only after it is indeed dead.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."