[pure-silver] need advice for purchase of flash meter

  • From: Jeffrey Krenzel <jkrenzel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 21:38:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone.  I need advice regarding the purchase
of a flash meter.  For twenty-some years I have used
only available light.  Because of a portraiture
project I have in mind I have begun to learn to use
studio lighting (in both a class and while assisting
an architectural photographer).  Although I am
starting off with hot lights -- so that I can see what
I am doing -- I am progressing to strobes.  So I would
appreciate some recommendations regarding a flash
meter.

I will be using B&W film and a Hasselblad.  I have
used a pentax spot meter and a gossen luna-pro for
outdoor shots and sunny 16 for landscapes.  I
generally prefer low-tech, intuitively obvious gear
when at all possible as I am not all that great at
reading manuals.  TIA for your learned counsel.